Monday, February 16, 2009

My first project for Meg's Birthday


Folks,

I built this 2 years ago for Meg's birthday. Did I tell you she loves the color pink?

It took me a while to build this out of spruce lumber, I goofed up and bought a scroll saw when I should have bought a band saw, you live and you learn. Scroll saws don't manage 2 inch lumber very well.

My plans were for a pair of single chairs, but I messed up one of the arms in the scroll saw, so I built a double chair.

This Adirondack chair is very comfortable we love it.

5 comments:

Shady Gardener said...

Often times it's the mistakes we make that turn out the best! In this case, you both can enjoy the chair!! :-)

Heather said...

I love the chair! I plan to buy or build several (8) adirondak chairs for my new patio in the spring. Yours is wonderful. Did you buy or wing the plans?

Randy Emmitt said...

Heather,

I was given one of those books on garden furniture from Lowes or Home Depot with plans. I followed them sort like the way I cook using what I had on hand to build them. After all the plan was for a single chair. I've seen chairs sort of like this at the local farmers market for $400 or so unfinished. Usually when one of us set in it we have a dog or cat join us if we are not together in the chair.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

The chair is perfect! What an awesome bday gift!!!!!
CiNdEeS' GaRdEn

Anonymous said...

Hi Randy, way to go with the flow and revamp the plan as you go along! I think the chairs is fabulous! Good work, I am sure Meg was thrilled with her gift. :-)
Frances